Monday, October 19, 2009

Best Pizza...Pittsburgh?

I find it hard to believe that the best pizza in the country is located 10 minutes from my apartment, but okay. Katie and I will stop at Village Pizza in Shadyside, PA. Somebody has to think there is a better place for pizza...anyone want to make any suggestions? Anyone from Chicago or New York want to dispute this, or even Memphis?

I love eating. It is my favorite hobby, so believe me, there will be not shortages of stops for claims of the best food in the country. Keep the ideas coming: Ice cream, hot dogs, hamburgers, fries, sandwiches (although I'm not sure how many sandwiches could beat one from Primanti Bros. or Peppi's in Pittsburgh)

You get the idea. If I could eat my way across the country, I would, so I need your help to know where and what to eat.

3 comments:

  1. the Travel Channel informed me that Louis Lunch in New Haven, Conn. is home of the original hamburger. apparently they use the same grill as was used back then. if you're heading up that way, it might be fun to experience.
    http://www.louislunch.com/lore.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason that initially struck me as really gross, but I suppose they have probably cleaned the grill a few times since they made the first burger. haha. We'll definitely be in that area at some point of the summer and will have to stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best pizza in the country: Joe's, Beverly MA - about 20 minutes north of Boston. Regina's in the North End of Boston is a close second.

    Isn't Village Pizza gone? Or did they just move?

    ReplyDelete